MARION, Ill. (AP) – A southern Illinois woman has been ordered to spend five years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges.
A spokesman for the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Monique Leonard of Carterville was sentenced Monday. In exchange for pleading guilty to two child pornography counts, prosecutors dropped sexual assault charges against her.
Authorities said the alleged misconduct took place in October 2009.
Leonard was arrested in 2011, after federal investigators found evidence of the illegal acts online. Authorities alleged the acts took place during online interaction with a Detroit man.
The man, Stephen Demink, has been sentenced to a life sentence in federal prison for persuading mothers in several states to sexually exploit their children.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death