ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – “Wakey, wakey Backes.”
That’s the now-infamous jab heard from a Chicago Blackhawks player after Blues captain David Backes was struck with a booming hit by defenseman Brent Seabrook in Saturday’s game at the Scottrade Center.
And now, the taunt is splayed across a T-shirt for sale on trendingt-shirts.com.
Many say the comment, caught in a YouTube video, sounds like Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith. Keith said today that he couldn’t quite recall whether or not he said, “Wakey, wakey,” to Backes after the hit.
Seabrook was suspended three games for the hit. Backes had to leave Saturday’s game, and KMOX Sports has confirmed that he will not be playing in tonight’s game.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Looks Like The Rockets Are Making This A Series
- Dottie Pepper On Fort Worth Invitational: ‘Every Hole Is Distinctive’
- NFL Owners Approve New National Anthem Policy
- Underrated NFL Rookies Who Will Make An Impact In 2018
- Cavaliers-Celtics: LeBron James, Terry Rozier And The Matchup Game
- Martinez, Betts Powering Red Sox To Top Of A.L. East