JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
The Republican lawmaker spoke Tuesday to a session of the Missouri House in Jefferson City.
Blunt urged the legislators to resist when they’re told the federal government is best suited to address a problem unless they have been persuaded the issue is too big for state government alone.
Likewise, Blunt says legislators often should push back when told state government is better suited than local officials to tackle an issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Austin Peterson Adds His Name to Senate Race
- Republican Senate Candidate Austin Petersen Sees Opportunity in Hawley Doubts
- Attorney Al Watkins: Grand Jury Issues Subpoena In Investigation Of Greitens
- Missouri Lawmaker Wants House Intern Program Suspended