ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Prosecutors say the owner of a St. Louis County-based home care provider had no health care training, education or experience.
Tina Kuehl, 45, operated Better Way Home Care and eventually submitted hundreds of fraudulent forms to Medicare for services that were never performed.
She entered guilty pleas to numerous charges during an appearance in federal court Wednesday.
Kuehl was also convicted of bank fraud in a separate case involving repayment of a bank loan.
She faces up to 55 years behind bars and millions of dollars in fines when she’s sentenced in July.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death