BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – Former St. Clair County Circuit Court judge Michael Cook will report to federal prison tomorrow to begin serving his two-year sentence.
The U.S. Attorney’s office tells KMOX that rules do not allow them to release the exact destination within the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to drug and weapons charges.
U.S. District Judge Joe Billy McDade sentenced Cook to two years in prison after rejecting an earlier plea deal for a lesser amount of time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death