ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Jersey County Illinois town is getting state grant money to build an addition to its visitors center.
Governor Pat Quinn’s office announced Saturday that Grafton is the recipient of $640,000.
In total, 47 Illinois museums operated by local governments or cities are getting $20 million in capital funds.
The money comes from a five-year $31 billion capital construction program passed in 2009.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night