ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley released his campaign ads this week, and one focused on opponent Steve Stenger, and the fact that Stenger hasn’t yet released his state tax returns.
In response to those attacks, and Dooley saying he won’t debate until those returns are public, Stenger released them.
“The purpose of the tax return release at this time was to eliminate any argument that the County Executive might have that in some way these tax returns were related to his desire to either debate or not,” Stenger says.
Stenger says he will now ask Dooley again if he’ll agree to a debate.
The primary is August 5.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night