ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – It’s the next best thing to being on the team.
St. Louis Cardinals Fantasy Camp runs today through Sunday, and for the first time, it’s taking place at Busch Stadium.
It’s normally held in Jupiter, Fl.
Fantasy Camp director Joe Pfeiffer tells KMOX News that 44 participants will be split up into four teams to take part in what he calls a “bucket list” experience.
So who are these folks?
“It’s the type of thing where people are coming for their 40th or 50th birthday, their 25th anniversary, we’ve had pastors that are retiring and their congregation comes together and sends them here as a retirement gift,” he says.
Anyone 27 or older can take part—provided they can cover the $7,000 entry fee.
But for that cost, you get to play on the turf at Busch, rub elbows with the players, and enjoy a party suite for tonight’s showdown against the Pirates, among many other perks.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Redick A Team Leader And Mentor For Young 76ers
- Frank Nobilo On Zurich Classic: ‘With Team Format, You Can Have A Lot Of Fun’
- Commission On College Basketball Proposes Changes To NCAA
- Manaea’s No-Hitter Could Signal Breakout Season
- Leaderboard: Andrew Landry And PGA Tour Second Chances
- The Baseball Report: Manaea Records First No-Hitter Of Season