WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. (AP) – Police investigating a theft of clothing from a southern Illinois boutique say they arrested a woman after she posted Facebook pictures of herself wearing the stolen duds.
WSIL-TV reports that 27-year-old Danielle Saxton of West Frankfort is charged with misdemeanor retail theft. She’s free on her own recognizance.[tweet https://twitter.com/WPTV/status/491183758838464512 width=’330′]
Authorities allege that a distinctive leopard-print dress was among the items stolen July 11 from Mortie’s Boutique in West Frankfort.
The store’s co-owner, Kert Williams, says he noticed the missing items and posted about the theft on Facebook. WSIL says that Facebook users who saw Williams’ posting and those of Saxton made the connection and helped police.
Online court records don’t show whether Saxton has an attorney. She does not have a listed home telephone number.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death