(KMOX) – Gov. Jay Nixon says children who ended up in Missouri after the recent immigrant surge have not been putting a strain on state resources.
Nixon says around 120 of the minors who were caught at the U.S./Mexican border have already been moved through “private foster adoption facilities.”
“That’s the way these things should operate,” he says. “We’re not bringing a bunch of kids to Missouri and holdin’ em.”
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn sparked some controversy when he proclaimed that his state—which has received more than 300 immigrant children—would keep its doors open for more.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Austin Peterson Adds His Name to Senate Race
- Republican Senate Candidate Austin Petersen Sees Opportunity in Hawley Doubts
- Attorney Al Watkins: Grand Jury Issues Subpoena In Investigation Of Greitens
- Missouri Lawmaker Wants House Intern Program Suspended