SPANISH LAKE, Mo. (KMOX) – He advertised in the Thrifty Nickel that he wanted to buy guns, but instead a 79-year-old Spanish Lake man was tied up and had his weapons stolen.
When two men called saying they were outside his home in the 1700 block of June Drive at about 8 p.m. Wednesday, he opened his garage door to let them in. St. Louis County Police Officer Brian Schellman says that’s when the suspects pushed him down and tied him with a jump rope.
“A third man then entered into the garage, and all three men, while the gentleman was lying on the ground tied up, entered the residence and stole numerous firearms, jewelry and cash.”
The suspects loaded the loot into a vehicle and drove off. They remain at large.
The victim was not hurt.
Schellman says it’s another reminder to complete any anonymous transaction at a place where there are plenty of witnesses.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death