ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) – The city attorney for St. Joseph is asking the state to clarify whether Missouri law forbids bars from posting drink specials on their social media sites.
The St. Joseph News-Press reports police Sgt. Larry Stobbs Jr. sent a letter to local bar owners reminding them it’s against Missouri law to host all-you-can-drink specials. The letter also says bars cannot advertise drink specials on social media, which has the owners of some establishments fuming.
Bar owner Monte Ingram says he has been posting information about specials on his bar’s Facebook page for at least four years.
City attorney Lisa Robertson has asked the Missouri Department of Public Safety to clarify the law and also whether bars can get in trouble if employees or customers post prices on their own pages.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night