CHICAGO (AP) – A central Illinois man has been charged with possessing and distributing thousands of computer files containing child pornography, prosecutors said Thursday.
Jacob R. Stark, 26, of Chatham, in Sangamon County, was arrested Thursday after investigators searched his place of employment in Springfield, Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s office said. He was charged with five counts of distribution of child pornography and five counts of possession of child pornography, and a bond hearing was set for Friday.
Madigan’s office said an internet address traced to Stark allegedly was seen trading more than 14,000 images of child pornography.
The arrest was the 69th under a program launched in 2010 to investigate and arrest the most active child pornography traders, Madigan said.
The Sangamon County State’s Attorney’s Office will prosecute the case.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death