GRANITE CITY, Ill. (AP) – Granite City police say a woman has received a baby python in the mail that someone purchased with her credit card number.
Delores Gavin tells KMOV-TV a FedEx delivery man left the snake at her front door Tuesday. The $100 spotted python was sent from a reptile dealer in California and is a common pet among reptile lovers.
Gavin says she screamed when she found the snake, which she didn’t order. The reptile dealer has agreed to take the snake back and refund $100 charged to Gavin’s credit card.
Police say they’re investigating the possible identity theft.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night