ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A freight train derailed with five cars coming off the tracks near Birchmont Place and Old Baumgartner in south St. Louis County on Monday night.
Mehlville Fire Department says no one was injured, no property was damaged, and, according to Deputy Chief Tim Dempsey of the fire department, the derailment was not a dangerous situation at any time.
“There was never any threat of hazardous material. There were no tanker cars near the derailed section of the train,” Dempsey says.
The cars that derailed were empty, he adds.
An investigation into the cause is underway.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night