ST. LOUIS (AP) – Authorities in St. Louis are blaming a knockout assault for an attack that left a homeless man with a head injury.
The man was assaulted Monday night near the St. Louis Post-Dispatch building at Cole and Tucker. The victim’s name has not been released. He remains hospitalized with what is called a serious head injury.
The Post-Dispatch reports that two men crossed the street and began attacking the victim for no apparent reason. Police say the men punched the victim in the face without provocation, then ran away.
No arrests have been made.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death