ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Parents nationwide are upset about a new action figure on sale at Toys R Us – the Breaking Bad doll – complete with a fake bag of crystal meth.
The Walter White action figure comes packaged with a tiny bag of fake crystal meth. The Jesse Pinkman doll has a gas mask.
Local clinical psychologist Dr. Randi Mozenter on staff at Barnes-Jewish Hospital can’t believe it.
“The parents that wouldn’t let their children watch a show like ‘Breaking Bad,’ which is clearly for adults, would you really want them walking through a toy store and picking them up and looking at them and thinking, ‘wow this is so cool’?” she asks.
Toys R Us says the dolls are for ages 15 and older, but Mozenter says that’s worse because those teenage years are a prime time for drug experimentation.
“This isn’t a toy,” she says. “This is something that I would expect in an adults-only restricted store where you have to show ID to be permitted to purchase one.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night