BARNHART, Mo. (AP) – Jefferson County authorities have released the name of a man shot and killed by a store worker after alleging pointing a gun at the worker.
Authorities say 48-year-old Robert Lawson of Imperial was at Karsch’s Village Market in Barnhart on Thursday, allegedly appearing intoxicated and causing a disturbance.
When two employees followed Lawson to the parking lot, he allegedly pulled a gun from his car and pointed it at them. One of the workers, a 23-year-old man with a concealed-carry permit, pulled his own gun and shot Lawson, who died at the scene.
An investigation continues.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night