ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Icy relations between St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley and his successor, Steve Stenger, Dooley saying there’s been “no communication, period.”
But, is there a thaw happening?
After KMOX’s story Friday about Dooley and Stenger’s lack of communication, Stenger says he sent a letter to Dooley, asking for there to be a point-person for the transition.
Dooley responded saying he’s already done that – back in August, in fact – and it’s county chief operating officer Garry Earls.
Stenger says he still wants to talk with Dooley, and wants to be involved with the Ferguson response.
“I certainly would like to be at a minimum,” Stenger says. “I think that I need to be part of the conversation, and that needs to happen immediately.”
To start, Stenger says he’ll get in touch with Earls today.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Austin Peterson Adds His Name to Senate Race
- Republican Senate Candidate Austin Petersen Sees Opportunity in Hawley Doubts
- Attorney Al Watkins: Grand Jury Issues Subpoena In Investigation Of Greitens
- Missouri Lawmaker Wants House Intern Program Suspended