ST. LOUIS (AP) – Icy conditions are blamed for several morning rush hour accidents in the St. Louis region.
Ice formed overnight, causing interstate highways to be slippery in spots Monday morning. The biggest of the accidents was a five-vehicle wreck on Interstate 64 near downtown. At least two other accidents snarled traffic on I-64, causing delays in both directions.
More than a dozen accidents were reported by shortly after dawn, including wrecks on Interstate 55 and Interstate 70.
No serious injuries were immediately reported.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night