ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Several homes in South County have been evacuated due to a higher-than-normal natural gas smell.
Laclede Gas tells KMOX that they responded to a home on Southern Aire Drive, off of Union, and determined the levels of gas were unsafe. As a precaution, five surrounding homes were evacuated.
Laclede does not know the source of the gas as of now, but they emphasized it is not due to a gas line break.
It is unknown when residents on Southern Aire Drive will be allowed to return to their homes.