Explosives in Van Force SLU Hospital Shutdown
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The emergency room at Saint Louis University Hospital is open again after being temporarily shut down because of explosive devices in a patient’s parked van.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that a 25-year-old man showed up at the emergency room Sunday evening for treatment of a severe hand injury he said was caused by fireworks that someone threw at him. Hospital security found what appeared to be homemade fireworks in the van.
As the city’s bomb and arson squad arrived to remove the explosives, the emergency room was closed for about three hours. No one was hurt.
Police now believe the man was injured assembling or handling the fireworks. He was unable to explain why the items were in the van. It wasn’t clear if the man would face charges.
Copyright The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.