Traffic: Lane, Ramp Closures Along I-270, I-170
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) — Drivers heading to Pointfest, the Rams season opener or Cardinals games should keep an eye out this weekend for MoDOT crews working on Interstates 270, 170 and I-70 in north St. Louis County.
Crews will close one lane on eastbound I-270 this weekend between Lindbergh and I-170 from 9 p.m. Friday, September 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, September 12. A second lane will be closed between 10 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday, from 10 p.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday and from 10 p.m.
Sunday until 5 a.m. Monday. The ramps from Lindbergh to eastbound I-270 will also be closed at this time.
Crews will also close one lane on westbound I-70 at I-270 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5:30 a.m. Monday as part of continuing work to repair pavement on the interstate. During this work, the ramp from southbound I-270 to eastbound and westbound I-70 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5:30 a.m. Saturday. The ramp from St. Charles Rock Road (Route 180) to southbound I-270 will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday.
Finally drivers can expect lane closures on southbound I-170 near Hanley from 8:30 p.m. Friday to 5:30 a.m. Monday for bridge repair work.
The ramp from southbound 170 to Airport Road will be closed during this work.
Work on the Holly Hills bridge over I-55 is almost complete. The bridge is scheduled to reopen during the day on Friday, September 9.
The Illinois Department of Transportation is closing the eastbound lanes of the Martin Luther King bridge between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, starting Monday, September 12 to complete a safety inspection on the bridge.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-55, St. Louis City, Holly Hills across I-55 is closed for bridge replacement. It is scheduled to open Friday.
- I-64, St. Louis City, eastbound 11th Street exit ramp closed weekdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Route D, St. Charles County, westbound Route D will be closed from Route 94 to Wildlife Lane near Route DD until September 23.
- Route B, St. Charles County, Route B will be closed at Dardenne Creek until October 4 to replace the bridge driving surface.