Camcorder Battery Causes Fire Aboard STL-Bound Airliner
Get Breaking News First
CHICAGO (AP) – An American Airlines flight from Chicago to St. Louis was forced to return to O’Hare International Airport after a camcorder battery caused a fire in an overhead compartment.
A Chicago Fire Department spokesman says the small fire aboard the MD-80 was put out with hand-held fire extinguishers by members of the flight crew.
No injuries were reported in the incident late Thursday.
The aircraft returned to O’Hare around 8 p.m. Passengers were put aboard another aircraft and headed for St. Louis two hours later.
© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.