Unlicensed Crew Caused Soulard Explosion
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – KMOX has learned the company responsible for Wednesday’s building explosion in Soulard should not have been working there in the first place.
The company in question is called Four Winds-a South Dakota-based firm working as a subcontractor to install fiber-optic cable in the area of Menard and Shenandoah.
Around midday Wednesday a worker struck a natural gas line, touching off an explosion that heavily damaged a three-story brick structure.
A spokesperson for city hall said Four Winds lacked a proper business license and had not provided the required 24-hour notice that work was going to be done in that area.
KMOX’s Kevin Killeen was on the scene Wednesday and reported that about a dozen occupants of the Stars Design Group facility were warned to get out in time and no serious injuries were reported.
Still, Four Winds could face legal repercussions because of the lack of a license.