Authorities say Grant entered Mac’s One Stop Shop in Swansea in October, pointed a handgun at a clerk and demanded money. Investigators say the two men struggled and the gun discharged.
Grant is based at Texas’ Fort Hood but is from South Carolina.
A message left Friday with his federal public defender, Todd Schultz, was not immediately returned.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Governor-Elect Eric Greitens’ Wife Robbed at Gunpoint
- East St. Louis Corruption Investigation Leads to Arrests
- Police: County Man Claims He’s Affiliated with ISIS, Threatens Workplace
- Woman Charged with DWI, Involuntary Manslaughter After Fatal Crash
- UPDATED: Man Dead After I-55 Shooting
- County Police Poke Fun at ‘Stupid Criminals’ Found Sleeping with Illegal Guns