Soldier Accused in Ill. Armed Robbery
Authorities say Grant entered Mac’s One Stop Shop in Swansea in October, pointed a handgun at a clerk and demanded money. Investigators say the two men struggled and the gun discharged.
Grant is based at Texas’ Fort Hood but is from South Carolina.
A message left Friday with his federal public defender, Todd Schultz, was not immediately returned.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Person of Interest Sought in 2014 Homicide
- Chief Dotson Blasts Amendment Allowing Felons to be Armed
- Nebraska Police Find Marijuana Inside Container Labeled ‘Not Weed’
- Funeral Services Planned for Victims of Tyrone Shooting
- Woman Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver on I-70
- NYT: Justice Dept. Report on Ferguson Police Could be Released This Week