Authorities say Grant entered Mac’s One Stop Shop in Swansea in October, pointed a handgun at a clerk and demanded money. Investigators say the two men struggled and the gun discharged.
Grant is based at Texas’ Fort Hood but is from South Carolina.
A message left Friday with his federal public defender, Todd Schultz, was not immediately returned.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- MetroLink Cracking Down on Those Who Ride in City Without Paying
- CrimeStoppers Increases Reward for Info on Escaped Inmate
- Mizzou Grad Arrested for Driving on Basketball Court
- Family of Slain Chicago Area Uber Driver Sues Walmart
- 14 Arrested on Prostitution Charges
- Man Briefly in St. Louis Co. Police Custody Dies