Authorities say Grant entered Mac’s One Stop Shop in Swansea in October, pointed a handgun at a clerk and demanded money. Investigators say the two men struggled and the gun discharged.
Grant is based at Texas’ Fort Hood but is from South Carolina.
A message left Friday with his federal public defender, Todd Schultz, was not immediately returned.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Officer Mike Flamion’s Shooter in Court
- Experts Say Parents Should Have Open Dialogues About Racism, Current Events
- Illinois House Passes Anti-Hate Resolution
- Call the Fashion Police: ‘Jorts-Wearing Bandit’ Hits St. Louis
- Search Continues for Carjacking Suspects
- Local Reverend Calls Charlottesville a Battle