Authorities say Grant entered Mac’s One Stop Shop in Swansea in October, pointed a handgun at a clerk and demanded money. Investigators say the two men struggled and the gun discharged.
Grant is based at Texas’ Fort Hood but is from South Carolina.
A message left Friday with his federal public defender, Todd Schultz, was not immediately returned.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Look for Driver in Deadly Hit and Run
- Two People are Killed in Separate Shootings in St.Louis
- Three Injured in Drive-By Shooting in Ferguson
- Family Wants Response to an Officer-Involved Shooting Last Summer
- Man Involved in Carondelet Park Shootout Faces Multiple Charges
- Vigil For Woman Fatally Struck By Hit & Run Driver In 2012