ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – St. Charles County has been ranked among Missouri’s healthiest for the fifth straight year.
The annual County Health Rankings, compiled by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin, placed St. Charles County at number three this year.
The study ranks all 115 counties in Missouri in two categories: health outcomes, determined by how long we live and how healthy we feel, and health factors, which allude to the population’s health in the future and the items that influence overall well-being.
This year, on health outcomes, St. Louis City came in at number 108 out of the state’s 115 counties. On health factors, the city came in number 114, second from last.
“In those bottom-ranked counties, we see children who are twice as likely to live in poverty, in the least healthy counties in the state,” says Abbey Cofsky is with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
St. Louis County came in number 20, and Jefferson County at number 34.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE HEALTH NEWS:
- Study Finds and Quantifies Pokemon GO’s Positive Fitness Benefits
- Mumps Booster Urged Amid University of Missouri Outbreak
- Health Check-Up: Sports Injuries, Physicians and Healing
- Health Check-Up: Sports, Sleep Habits and Preschoolers
- New Research: Drivers Need to Get More Sleep
- Wash U Researchers Creating Powdered Artificial Blood Cells