Majestic Restaurant and Bar Closing Sunday
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) - Customers are saying farewell to a Central West End restaurant.
Majestic Restaurant and Bar, known for its Greek food, will be closing late this week after many decades at the corner of Laclede and Euclid.
Co-owner Bill Politis is 79 years old, and he’s been in business for 53 years. He says after that long, it’s time to go.
Politis says someone offered to buy the corner to put in a barbecue restaurant. Majestic’s last day will be Sunday, April 6.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Flordell Hills Police Officer Faces Drug Charges
- Families of St. Louis Murder Victims File Lawsuit Against SLMPD
- Group Chosen to Create New Education Standards Off to Rough Start
- Ferguson Business Owner Calls Nighttime Protests ‘Terrorist Acts’
- Troy Police Searching for Men Who Stole Case of Earrings
- Bond Hearing Set for Man Accused of SIU Threats