ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – Customers are saying farewell to a Central West End restaurant.
Majestic Restaurant and Bar, known for its Greek food, will be closing late this week after many decades at the corner of Laclede and Euclid.
Co-owner Bill Politis is 79 years old, and he’s been in business for 53 years. He says after that long, it’s time to go.
Politis says someone offered to buy the corner to put in a barbecue restaurant. Majestic’s last day will be Sunday, April 6.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Sweetie Pie’s Owner Sues Son Alleging Trademark Infringement
- Huge Turnout For Open House At Ballwin Police HQ
- Recent Poll Shows Illinois Democrats Favor Durbin for Governor in 2018
- Blagojevich Won’t Attend Resentencing; to Take Part by Video
- South County Residents Speak Out Against Proposed Apartment Complex
- Former St. Louis Officer Sentenced For Beating Suspect