ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – Customers are saying farewell to a Central West End restaurant.
Majestic Restaurant and Bar, known for its Greek food, will be closing late this week after many decades at the corner of Laclede and Euclid.
Co-owner Bill Politis is 79 years old, and he’s been in business for 53 years. He says after that long, it’s time to go.
Politis says someone offered to buy the corner to put in a barbecue restaurant. Majestic’s last day will be Sunday, April 6.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Gary Sinise Foundation to Build Smart Home for Officer Flamion
- Suspected Heroin Supplier’s Plea Agreement Nixed
- Petitioners Sign for ‘Hometown Hero Day’ in Memory of Officer Snyder
- Death Penalty Possible in St. Louis County Officer’s Killing
- St. Louis Firefighters Rescued After Fall Through Stairwell
- Cortex Tech District to Announce Big Expansion Today