ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – Customers are saying farewell to a Central West End restaurant.
Majestic Restaurant and Bar, known for its Greek food, will be closing late this week after many decades at the corner of Laclede and Euclid.
Co-owner Bill Politis is 79 years old, and he’s been in business for 53 years. He says after that long, it’s time to go.
Politis says someone offered to buy the corner to put in a barbecue restaurant. Majestic’s last day will be Sunday, April 6.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- School Districts Begin Dealing With Transportation Budget Cuts
- UPDATE: Child With Lighter or Matches Started Fire That Injured 11
- Judge Rules Ameren Missouri Plant Violates Clean Air Act
- 57-Year-Old Man Dies After Being Tased by Police
- Multiple Anit-Trump Protests Planned at Sen. Blunt’s Office Tuesday
- American Water Says Cloudy Water in St. Louis, St. Charles Isn’t Dangerous