ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – Customers are saying farewell to a Central West End restaurant.
Majestic Restaurant and Bar, known for its Greek food, will be closing late this week after many decades at the corner of Laclede and Euclid.
Co-owner Bill Politis is 79 years old, and he’s been in business for 53 years. He says after that long, it’s time to go.
Politis says someone offered to buy the corner to put in a barbecue restaurant. Majestic’s last day will be Sunday, April 6.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- California Woman Sues Jelly Belly for Sugar in “Sport Beans”
- Bill Would Ease Gender-ID Change for Transgender Citizens
- Firefighters Battle Flames at SLU Science Building
- Middle-school Students Pass Hanging Body While in Bus
- Animal Shelter in Missouri Gets Rid of Gas Chamber
- Committee to Help St. Louis City in Police Chief Search