Dance Teacher Found Guilty of Statutory Rape
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A 64-year-old St. Louis dance instructor faces up to 20 years in prison after his conviction for statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl.
KMOV-TV reports that a St. Louis jury found Torris Caston guilty on Thursday after a four-day trial. The teen was a ballet student at Caston’s Webster Groves dance studio. Police say the crime happened between 2004 and 2005.
Caston also has separate charges pending against him for allegedly physically assaulting a woman at a chapel on the Saint Louis University campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Thousands Raised for Ferguson Business Damaged by Looters
- Protesters Shut Down Streets in Downtown St. Louis, Storm City Hall
- Former Ferguson Mayor Calls for Resignation of Nixon
- Katrina General: If Riots Can’t Be Controlled, ‘Next Step’ is Insurrection Act
- Man Charged with Killing Bouncer on Opening Night
- Lt. Gov. Questions if Obama Administration Pressured Nixon Not to Deploy National Guard Monday