Dance Teacher Found Guilty of Statutory Rape
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A 64-year-old St. Louis dance instructor faces up to 20 years in prison after his conviction for statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl.
KMOV-TV reports that a St. Louis jury found Torris Caston guilty on Thursday after a four-day trial. The teen was a ballet student at Caston’s Webster Groves dance studio. Police say the crime happened between 2004 and 2005.
Caston also has separate charges pending against him for allegedly physically assaulting a woman at a chapel on the Saint Louis University campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Motorist Hit in the Face by Biker
- Court: Toddler Beaten To Death Over Cake
- PHOTOS: Police Search for Suspects in Fatal Shooting of Grandmother Caught in Crossfire
- Boy, 16, Accused of Lincoln Co. Car Break-Ins
- Mom Gets Probation for Providing Underage Son Alcohol Before Fatal Crash
- 19-Year-Old Hospitalized After Police Standoff