ST. LOUIS (AP) – A 64-year-old St. Louis dance instructor faces up to 20 years in prison after his conviction for statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl.
KMOV-TV reports that a St. Louis jury found Torris Caston guilty on Thursday after a four-day trial. The teen was a ballet student at Caston’s Webster Groves dance studio. Police say the crime happened between 2004 and 2005.
Caston also has separate charges pending against him for allegedly physically assaulting a woman at a chapel on the Saint Louis University campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Woman Charged in Quick Trip Stabbing Death
- Two Charged in Collinsville Homicide Case
- Beagle-Rescue Group Sues U of I Over Research-Animal Data
- Suit Dropped, But Will File Complaint Against University
- McDonald’s Robbers Enter, Escape Using Drive-Thru Window
- Nixon Vows to Veto Sweeping Missouri Gun Rights Bill