Dance Teacher Found Guilty of Statutory Rape
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A 64-year-old St. Louis dance instructor faces up to 20 years in prison after his conviction for statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl.
KMOV-TV reports that a St. Louis jury found Torris Caston guilty on Thursday after a four-day trial. The teen was a ballet student at Caston’s Webster Groves dance studio. Police say the crime happened between 2004 and 2005.
Caston also has separate charges pending against him for allegedly physically assaulting a woman at a chapel on the Saint Louis University campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police SUV Flips in Accident
- Cold Pizza Leads to Argument, Shooting in St. Louis Area
- Former STL County Chief: Correlation Between Ferguson and Police Deaths
- POLL: Police Killings of Unarmed Blacks Top Story of 2014
- Police in Several Cities Fearful of Copycat Attacks Following Deaths of NYPD Officers
- Police Search for Suspect in St. Louis Shooting