Dance Teacher Found Guilty of Statutory Rape
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A 64-year-old St. Louis dance instructor faces up to 20 years in prison after his conviction for statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl.
KMOV-TV reports that a St. Louis jury found Torris Caston guilty on Thursday after a four-day trial. The teen was a ballet student at Caston’s Webster Groves dance studio. Police say the crime happened between 2004 and 2005.
Caston also has separate charges pending against him for allegedly physically assaulting a woman at a chapel on the Saint Louis University campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Arrest Made For East St. Louis Robbery Killing
- Who’s Leaking Michael Brown Investigation Info?
- County Exec Dooley’s Son Linked to 18 Robberies
- Richmond Heights Police Looking for Burglary Suspects
- Autopsy: Vonderrit Myers Jr. Was Shot Six Times From Behind
- PHOTOS: National Day of Protest Against Police Brutality