Shelters Take in Pets While Homeowners Repair Storm Damage
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis County officials say they’re doing everything they can to help people affected by recent storms, but they also wants to help animals.
The county animal shelter will be taking any pets whose owners’ homes are ruined and can’t bring a dog or cat to a hotel while repairs are completed.
County Executive Charlie Dooley says the county animal shelter is open to those 4-legged victims of the storm.
“For individuals who, for example, have lost their homes and have another place to go and live tonight, we’re saying that you can leave your dogs with the county shelter at no cost,” he says. “And as long as you need them to be there, they can be there.”
He says it applies to cats and other pets, too.
For help, you can call the county animal shelter.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Stolen Dump Truck, Boat, ATVs Recovered in Jefferson County
- St. Louis Composting Garden Hotline
- Glen Carbon Man Faces Kiddie Porn Charges
- Police Look for Suspects in Shooting Near Washington Avenue Club
- North St. Louis Shootings Leave Two People Dead
- Protestors Again Take to Streets Over Vonderrit Myers Jr. Shooting