Anheuser Busch Debuts Johnny Appleseed Cider
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - In an answer to the growing hard cider industry, Anheuser Busch has introduced Johnny Appleseed cider.
USA Today Midwest Correspondent Bill Spain says that though there’s a lot of room for this market to grow, it still won’t ever be as big as beer.
“I don’t see it challenging beer’s supremacy in this area any time soon,” he says. “But it is certainly a place where they have an opportunity to grow, and the margins on it are going to be significantly higher.”
With more drinks like Lime-A-Rita and this fruitier tasting cider, Spain says it’s clear this niche will keep growing.
Johnny Appleseed will be sold in six and 12-packs, but also as 16- and 25-ounce cans. The hard cider has 5.5 percent alcohol content.
It’ll be available on draft in the summer.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Should Guns Be Legal on Missouri’s Public Transit?
- Man Charged in Shooting Officers in Ferguson Discusses It In Jail Audio
- Missouri House Initially OKs Pledge of Allegiance in English
- Illinois Group Trying to Get More Rape Victims to Report to Police
- Missouri House Panel Sends Medical Marijuana Bill Forward
- 6-Year-Old’s Fast Action Saves Man from Burning Home