Anheuser Busch Debuts Johnny Appleseed Cider
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - In an answer to the growing hard cider industry, Anheuser Busch has introduced Johnny Appleseed cider.
USA Today Midwest Correspondent Bill Spain says that though there’s a lot of room for this market to grow, it still won’t ever be as big as beer.
“I don’t see it challenging beer’s supremacy in this area any time soon,” he says. “But it is certainly a place where they have an opportunity to grow, and the margins on it are going to be significantly higher.”
With more drinks like Lime-A-Rita and this fruitier tasting cider, Spain says it’s clear this niche will keep growing.
Johnny Appleseed will be sold in six and 12-packs, but also as 16- and 25-ounce cans. The hard cider has 5.5 percent alcohol content.
It’ll be available on draft in the summer.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SSM Parting Ways With Neurosurgeon Who Operated on Wrong Side of Woman’s Brain
- Fire Department Takes Closer Look at Food Trucks After Philly Explosion
- Suspect in String of Car Break-Ins Arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect Charged in Fatal North St. Louis Stabbing
- Dooley Campaign Tweets Accuse Stenger Of ‘Making Deals with Hobby Lobby’
- MoDOT: ‘In No Way Involved’ in Amendment Seven Campaigning