ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Gunfire rang throughout the city of St. Louis overnight.
The violence began just before 10 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hammett, when a 20-year-old Berkeley man, Desmond Holiday, was gunned down.
Police say he was in a car with four others when someone in another car opened fire. Holiday was hit twice, and dead at the scene from a chest wound.
Several hours later at Goodfellow and Lalight, another young man was shot in the leg.
He was able to drive himself to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Then, just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday, another gunshot victim.
The 23-year-old man told police he saw a black car pull a U-turn and when it passed him, shots were fired.
He was struck in the back.
No arrests have been made at this time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Look for Driver in Deadly Hit and Run
- Two People are Killed in Separate Shootings in St.Louis
- Three Injured in Drive-By Shooting in Ferguson
- Family Wants Response to an Officer-Involved Shooting Last Summer
- Man Involved in Carondelet Park Shootout Faces Multiple Charges
- Vigil For Woman Fatally Struck By Hit & Run Driver In 2012