Three Shootings Overnight
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Gunfire rang throughout the city of St. Louis overnight.
The violence began just before 10 p.m. in the 4800 block of Hammett, when a 20-year-old Berkeley man, Desmond Holiday, was gunned down.
Police say he was in a car with four others when someone in another car opened fire. Holiday was hit twice, and dead at the scene from a chest wound.
Several hours later at Goodfellow and Lalight, another young man was shot in the leg.
He was able to drive himself to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Then, just after 3:00 a.m. Tuesday, another gunshot victim.
The 23-year-old man told police he saw a black car pull a U-turn and when it passed him, shots were fired.
He was struck in the back.
No arrests have been made at this time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Person of Interest Sought in 2014 Homicide
- Chief Dotson Blasts Amendment Allowing Felons to be Armed
- Nebraska Police Find Marijuana Inside Container Labeled ‘Not Weed’
- Funeral Services Planned for Victims of Tyrone Shooting
- Woman Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver on I-70
- NYT: Justice Dept. Report on Ferguson Police Could be Released This Week