Woman Dies at Electronic Music Concert
Get Breaking News First
CRYSTAL CITY, Mo. (AP) - An investigation is underway after a young woman died of a drug overdose following an electronic music concert in suburban St. Louis.
The victim’s name has not been released. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the woman died during the concert this weekend at the Crystal City Underground.
An attorney for the venue says he believes that the woman died outside the facility early Sunday. The concert began Saturday night and continued until about 4 a.m. Sunday. About 4,000 people attended.
The venue is in a former silica mine, about a square mile underground.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SSM Parting Ways With Neurosurgeon Who Operated on Wrong Side of Woman’s Brain
- Fire Department Takes Closer Look at Food Trucks After Philly Explosion
- Suspect in String of Car Break-Ins Arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect Charged in Fatal North St. Louis Stabbing
- Dooley Campaign Tweets Accuse Stenger Of ‘Making Deals with Hobby Lobby’
- MoDOT: ‘In No Way Involved’ in Amendment Seven Campaigning