MARION, Ill. (AP) – A southern Illinois woman has been ordered to spend five years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges.
A spokesman for the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Monique Leonard of Carterville was sentenced Monday. In exchange for pleading guilty to two child pornography counts, prosecutors dropped sexual assault charges against her.
Authorities said the alleged misconduct took place in October 2009.
Leonard was arrested in 2011, after federal investigators found evidence of the illegal acts online. Authorities alleged the acts took place during online interaction with a Detroit man.
The man, Stephen Demink, has been sentenced to a life sentence in federal prison for persuading mothers in several states to sexually exploit their children.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- VIDEO: Jimmy John’s Employee Completely Calm During Armed Robbery
- 6-Year-Old Girl Dead After Hit-and-Run; Reward Offered for Info
- Woman Reported Man Was Abused at Home For Mentally Disabled
- Body of Missing Joliet Toddler Found in Mother’s Home
- 18-Year-Old Shot in North County Armed Robbery
- County Police Need Public’s Help Identifying Bag That Held Infant Remains