Ill. Woman Gets 5 Years in Child Pornography Case
Get Breaking News First
MARION, Ill. (AP) - A southern Illinois woman has been ordered to spend five years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges.
A spokesman for the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Monique Leonard of Carterville was sentenced Monday. In exchange for pleading guilty to two child pornography counts, prosecutors dropped sexual assault charges against her.
Authorities said the alleged misconduct took place in October 2009.
Leonard was arrested in 2011, after federal investigators found evidence of the illegal acts online. Authorities alleged the acts took place during online interaction with a Detroit man.
The man, Stephen Demink, has been sentenced to a life sentence in federal prison for persuading mothers in several states to sexually exploit their children.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Holder Visits Ferguson, Says He Understands Mistrust Of Police
- FBI Director: ‘We Have Flooded’ Ferguson With Agents
- ‘Time To Kill A Cop': Ferguson Protesters Throw Urine, Bottles At Police
- Chris Christie: Politicians, News Anchors Making Spectacle of Ferguson
- Ferguson Looter: ‘I’m Proud Of Us, We Deserve This’
- Facebook Page Supporting Officer Who Fatally Shot Michael Brown Surpasses 30K ‘Likes’