Ill. Woman Gets 5 Years in Child Pornography Case
MARION, Ill. (AP) - A southern Illinois woman has been ordered to spend five years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges.
A spokesman for the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Monique Leonard of Carterville was sentenced Monday. In exchange for pleading guilty to two child pornography counts, prosecutors dropped sexual assault charges against her.
Authorities said the alleged misconduct took place in October 2009.
Leonard was arrested in 2011, after federal investigators found evidence of the illegal acts online. Authorities alleged the acts took place during online interaction with a Detroit man.
The man, Stephen Demink, has been sentenced to a life sentence in federal prison for persuading mothers in several states to sexually exploit their children.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Shooting Inside Chuck E Cheese’s in St. Charles
- Woman Who Allegedly Tried to Kill a Man is Sought in Lincoln Co
- Gunman on Probation Charged in Sunday’s Shotgun Scare
- Hot-Spot Policing Underway in Four St. Louis Neighborhoods
- Retired Circuit Judge Urges Caution in Changing Way Bonds Are Set
- STL County Police Investigating Jamestown Mall Break-In