Ill. Woman Gets 5 Years in Child Pornography Case
Get Breaking News First
MARION, Ill. (AP) - A southern Illinois woman has been ordered to spend five years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography charges.
A spokesman for the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office says 45-year-old Monique Leonard of Carterville was sentenced Monday. In exchange for pleading guilty to two child pornography counts, prosecutors dropped sexual assault charges against her.
Authorities said the alleged misconduct took place in October 2009.
Leonard was arrested in 2011, after federal investigators found evidence of the illegal acts online. Authorities alleged the acts took place during online interaction with a Detroit man.
The man, Stephen Demink, has been sentenced to a life sentence in federal prison for persuading mothers in several states to sexually exploit their children.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man Pleads Guilty in Missouri Box Cutter Attack
- Effort to Free Jeff Mizanskey from Life Sentence for Marijuana Takes Big Step
- Pekin Man Gets 4 Years in Drugged Child Case
- McCulloch: Confident Grand Jury will Arrive at ‘True and Just Decision’
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement
- Rev. Al Sharpton Arrives in Ferguson for Weekend of Events