ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A body was found, face-down, in a pond in Manchester this morning.
A passerby saw the body and called 911.
“The investigation is really, really in its early stages,” says St. Louis County police officer and spokesman Brian Schellman.
Schellman says the body is an elderly female, believed to live in the Reflection Cove apartments.
There’s no indication, at this point, of foul play.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Biddle House Plans Back on Track
- Court: Birth Control Mandate Violates Religious Rights
- Rauner Vetoes Construction-Wage, Homecare-Worker Pay Hikes
- Illinois Supreme Court to Consider Remap Ballot Measure
- Blue Ribbon Campaign Honors Injured Ballwin Police Officer
- Roma/Liverpool Ticket Sales to Benefit Officer Flamion