ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A body was found, face-down, in a pond in Manchester this morning.
A passerby saw the body and called 911.
“The investigation is really, really in its early stages,” says St. Louis County police officer and spokesman Brian Schellman.
Schellman says the body is an elderly female, believed to live in the Reflection Cove apartments.
There’s no indication, at this point, of foul play.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- PHOTOS: East St. Louis Casino Queen Armed Robbery
- Despite Rain, Protests Resume After 120 Arrests in St. Louis Unrest
- Police: 123 Arrested in Sunday Protests
- Protesters Make Good on Threat to Disrupt St. Louis Business
- Food, Water Contributions Pour In To Support Local Police
- Protester Released From Jail Claims Minors Sparked The Vandalism