ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A body was found, face-down, in a pond in Manchester this morning.
A passerby saw the body and called 911.
“The investigation is really, really in its early stages,” says St. Louis County police officer and spokesman Brian Schellman.
Schellman says the body is an elderly female, believed to live in the Reflection Cove apartments.
There’s no indication, at this point, of foul play.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Local Liquor Store Cancels Appearance by Rapper 50 Cent
- 5 Hurt, Including 2 Officers, After St. Louis Fire
- St. Louis Population Trends Mean an Aging City
- U of Illinois Students Required to Take Minority Culture Class
- Study Shows Biggest Loser Candidates Regained Weight Over Time
- St. Charles Considers Sales Tax Hike