ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Counselors are on site at a handful of Metro East schools today after a teacher was arrested for sexual assault.
Jason Ehlers, 36, was a grade school teacher in the Triad District and a former teacher in Bethalto, as well as a one-time principal in the Southwestern Community School District.
Lieutenant Craig Welch with Bethalto Police says the charges involve two young victims he met through “his social network”, one under the age of 13, between September of 2010 and July 2012.
“I’m encouraging anybody who has additional information or has had negative contact with Jason Ehlers to come forward,” Welch says.
He says investigators determined that no current or former students of Jason Ehlers were targeted by him.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Public Libraries Victims of Ransomware
- Man Charged in 2014 Deaths of 2 Brothers in St. Louis
- UPDATE: Jurors in Southern Illinois Find Man ‘Sexually Dangerous’
- County Prosecutor Says 5-Year-Olds Are Not Going to Prison For Fighting
- Police Believe 15-Year-Old Shot to Death Was Targeted
- Bomb Threat Causes Evacuation at Jewish Community Center