ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Counselors are on site at a handful of Metro East schools today after a teacher was arrested for sexual assault.
Jason Ehlers, 36, was a grade school teacher in the Triad District and a former teacher in Bethalto, as well as a one-time principal in the Southwestern Community School District.
Lieutenant Craig Welch with Bethalto Police says the charges involve two young victims he met through “his social network”, one under the age of 13, between September of 2010 and July 2012.
“I’m encouraging anybody who has additional information or has had negative contact with Jason Ehlers to come forward,” Welch says.
He says investigators determined that no current or former students of Jason Ehlers were targeted by him.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- State Reps. Propose Independent Investigations in Police Killings
- CAIR Stands with Jewish Community After Vadalism
- Suspect Dead After Officer-Involved Shooting in South St. Louis
- Police to Identify Human Remains Found Near Cahokia
- Jewish Federation: ‘It’s Disgraceful, But We’re Not Surprised’
- Gov. Greitens, County Exec. Stenger Condemn Jewish Cemetery Vandals