BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Months After Child’s Death, Live-In Boyfriend Charged
- 300 Workers Lose Jobs After Firm Abruptly Closes
- 17-Year-Old Hazelwood West Student Accused of Bringing Gun to School Charged
- Major Crash in Madison County Closes All NB I-55 Lanes
- Some With HIV in Missouri to Lose Health Insurance in 2018
- Dog Subject of Court Battle, Faked Death