BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- No Laundry, Lawn Watering for Wentzville Residents Until Further Notice
- Supreme Court Rules for Missouri Church in Playground Case
- VIDEO: The Teardown to Upgrade Scottrade Center Begins
- 14 Arrested on Prostitution Charges
- Man Briefly in St. Louis Co. Police Custody Dies
- Missouri NAACP Issuing Travel Advisory Against the State