BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Monsanto Rejects $62B Bayer Bid, But Still Open to Talks
- ‘Dear Team, We Can Do This.’ – Encouraging Words From Young Blues Fan
- Protesters Want Florissant to End Ban on Pit Bulls
- California Woman Carjacked on Way to Airport
- Run For The Wall Passes Through The Area
- LouFest 2016 Lineup Announced – LCD Soundsystem, Chris Stapleton Headline