BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Gun Violence De-Escalation Center Unveiled Across City
- Another Year of Financial Uncertainty Looms For Illinois
- Gun N’ Roses to Make St. Louis Return Next Summer
- Washington University Chancellor’s Near Top Of Private School Pay
- Horse Carriage Crash Injures 3 in Kansas City
- Asleep At The Wheel Driver Accused Of Causing Fatal Crash