Woman Found in Ballwin Pond Identified
BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Girlfriend Watches as Boyfriend Drowns
- Dotson Calling for More Federal Help for Fighting Crime
- EPA Pushes for ‘Smart Thermostats’ as Way to Limit Pollution
- St. Louis Police to Increase Security for Baseball Playoffs
- Graffiti a Growing Problem Along Downtown St. Louis Interstates
- St. Louis Blues, CBS Radio St. Louis Expand Broadcast Rights Agreement