Woman Found in Ballwin Pond Identified
BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) – Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Former St. Louis Globe-Democrat Editorial Page Editor, ‘Donnybrook’ Contributor Dead At 93
- The Book House Needs Help to Stay in Business
- Cardinals Care Dedicates Tony LaRussa Field
- Plans for Plant-Science District in Creve Coeur
- PHOTOS: Belleville City Council Approves TIF for Development
- Police: Suspect Robbed People in South City Drive-Thru Line