Woman Found in Ballwin Pond Identified
Get Breaking News First
BALLWIN, Mo. (AP) - Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found floating in a pond near a west St. Louis County apartment complex.
The victim was 71-year-old Manorma Dua, who lived nearby. An autopsy indicated that drowning was the likely cause of death, and police say there were no signs of foul play. St. Louis County detectives suspect suicide.
A passerby crossing a walking bridge Monday morning saw the body in the pond. The apartment complex is in an unincorporated area, near the town of Ballwin.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- One Dead in South City Shooting
- Urban Planner Compares St. Louis to Other Big Cities
- The Sports Hub: Scott Miller, ‘The Commish’ Rick Hummel
- Under the Radar Primary Looming For GOP County Executive Race
- July Marks Five Years Since 500 Missouri Dogs Were Rescued
- Lindenwood Faculty Member to Judge Miss Teen USA Pageant