#Throwback Thursday: Tex Avery’s Iconic Cartoon Characters
Get Breaking News First
(KMOX) - April 16 is a day filled with memories of loss. An avalanche in France killed 70 in 1970, an earthquake in Iran last year killed 37, and32 were killed in the Virginia Tech massacre on April 16, 2007.
But today is April 17—a day for the kid in all of us.
On April 17, 1937, Looney Tunes animator Tex Avery’s iconic cartoon characters were introduced.
Daffy Duck and Porky the Pig made their debut in the animated short film Porky’s Duck Hunt. Elmer Fudd, the would-be hunter who could never quite get to Bugs, also appears.
Many believe Elmer Fudd began as the character Egghead, but evolved over the next several years, including the size and shape of his nose.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE THROWBACK THURSDAY POSTS:
- #Throwback Thursday: Wild Bill’s Western Showdowns
- #Throwback Thursday: Bagnell Dam and the Lake of the Ozarks
- #Throwback Thursday: Hyatt Regency Walkway Collapse
- #Throwback Thursday: Arthur Ashe’s Birthday
- #Throwback Thursday: The First American Woman in Space
- #Throwback Thursday: Jeannette Rankin & the Miranda Rights