JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – The mayors of Missouri’s two largest cities are scheduled to be in Jefferson City today, to argue against what they’re calling “senseless gun legislation.”
St. Louis’ Francis Slay and Kansas City’s Sly James say House Bill 1439 would “undermine the safety of urban neighborhoods.”
The bill, passed earlier this month, would nullify some federal gun laws and punish federal agents who enforce those laws.
Slay calls the bill “absurd and embarrassing.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- White House: Sen. Kirk’s ‘Drug Dealer’ Comment ‘Outrageous’
- Prices Up, Choices Down on Illinois Health Insurance Market
- Fort Leonard Wood PowerPoint Slide Listed Hillary Clinton as ‘Insider’ Threat
- Chicago Police Refute Trump’s Claim He Talked To Commanders
- Rauner Signs Bill to Punish Trafficking Guns into Illinois
- New Poll Out — Is The ‘Show Me State’ Back to Being a Bellwether State?