JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – The mayors of Missouri’s two largest cities are scheduled to be in Jefferson City today, to argue against what they’re calling “senseless gun legislation.”
St. Louis’ Francis Slay and Kansas City’s Sly James say House Bill 1439 would “undermine the safety of urban neighborhoods.”
The bill, passed earlier this month, would nullify some federal gun laws and punish federal agents who enforce those laws.
Slay calls the bill “absurd and embarrassing.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Recent Poll Shows Illinois Democrats Favor Durbin for Governor in 2018
- When it Comes to Women Leading Nations, U.S. is Behind. Why?
- Bernie Backers Protest Outside DNC as Hillary Gets Nomination
- Michael Brown’s Mother Appears on DNC Stage
- Atheists Sue Missouri Officials Over Baptist Convention
- What Do Campaigns Know About You? A Lot.