Attorney General Koster Takes Action on Bridgeton Landfill
Get Breaking News First
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) - Attorney General Chris Koster today initiated two actions in regard to the Westlake Landfill site in Bridgeton, Mo.
Koster sent a letter to EPA Regional Administrator Karl Brooks calling on the EPA to test for radiological contamination in the community surrounding the Westlake Landfill, focusing specifically on routes used during the 1970s to haul radiological material from the Latty Avenue storage facility to Westlake.
A copy of the letter sent to Brooks can be viewed in full here.
Koster also filed a motion in St. Louis County Circuit Court asking the court to set its pending lawsuit against Republic Services for trial.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Returning to Normal, Remain Prepared for Further Unrest
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Drivers Robbed in Downtown St. Louis
- Teen Dies After Corvette Crash in Highland
- St. Charles Votes Tonight on Texting and Driving Ban
- EF-1 Tornado Touched Down Monday Night in Jefferson County
- Doctors Seeing an Increase in Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease Cases