Attorney General Koster Takes Action on Bridgeton Landfill
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KMOX) - Attorney General Chris Koster today initiated two actions in regard to the Westlake Landfill site in Bridgeton, Mo.
Koster sent a letter to EPA Regional Administrator Karl Brooks calling on the EPA to test for radiological contamination in the community surrounding the Westlake Landfill, focusing specifically on routes used during the 1970s to haul radiological material from the Latty Avenue storage facility to Westlake.
A copy of the letter sent to Brooks can be viewed in full here.
Koster also filed a motion in St. Louis County Circuit Court asking the court to set its pending lawsuit against Republic Services for trial.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Salvation Army Tree of Lights Campaign Still Lacking in Donations
- Sinquefield Gifts to Hanaway Governor Bid at $900K
- New Illinois Law Expands School Bullying Authority
- Average Missouri Gas Price Drops Below $2 a Gallon
- O’Fallon, Mo. Police Looking for Bank Robber
- Edwardsville Police Officer Charged as Serial Burglar