BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – A Belleville man will spend the next five decades behind bars for the fatal stabbing of his estranged wife.
25-year-old John Cole had earlier been convicted in the July 2012 attack that resulted in the death of Le’Nea Cole.
Prosecutors say she had been stabbed 33 times.
A man who was with Le’Nea Cole at the time was also stabbed numerous times but survived.
Her children were in the next room but escaped harm.
Judge John Baricevic sentenced John Cole to 41-years in prison for first-degree murder and another 12-years for attempted murder, to be served consecutively.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Road Rage Attack Suspect Identified, Charged, Still At Large
- School Maintenance Worker Charged With Assaulting Foster Children
- Illinois Man Sentenced in Fatal Shooting of SEMO Student
- Police Search for ATM Skimming Suspects
- BBB Warns of Tech Support Scams
- Officer Snyder’s Widow Calls For ‘An Eye For An Eye’ For Husband’s Killer