Belleville Man Sentenced in Estranged Wife’s Fatal Stabbing
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – A Belleville man will spend the next five decades behind bars for the fatal stabbing of his estranged wife.
25-year-old John Cole had earlier been convicted in the July 2012 attack that resulted in the death of Le’Nea Cole.
Prosecutors say she had been stabbed 33 times.
A man who was with Le’Nea Cole at the time was also stabbed numerous times but survived.
Her children were in the next room but escaped harm.
Judge John Baricevic sentenced John Cole to 41-years in prison for first-degree murder and another 12-years for attempted murder, to be served consecutively.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Records it’s 70th Murder This Year
- O’Fallon Parents Get Max for Caging Autistic Son
- Gun Thefts Up in St. Louis 65 Percent Compared to Last Year
- SLPOA President: St. Louis Police are Hesitant from Lack of Support
- Hastert Indictment Offers Few Clues About Alleged Misconduct
- Police Search for Strong-arm Robbery Suspects