Owner of In-Home Health Care Provider Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Prosecutors say the owner of a St. Louis County-based home care provider had no health care training, education or experience.
Tina Kuehl, 45, operated Better Way Home Care and eventually submitted hundreds of fraudulent forms to Medicare for services that were never performed.
She entered guilty pleas to numerous charges during an appearance in federal court Wednesday.
Kuehl was also convicted of bank fraud in a separate case involving repayment of a bank loan.
She faces up to 55 years behind bars and millions of dollars in fines when she’s sentenced in July.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Prosecutors Soon to Get Report on Shooting of VonDerrit Myers Jr.
- Thursday I-70 Shooting a Case of Domestic Violence
- Rev. Al Sharpton Says He’s on the Quest for the Truth
- Man Pleads Guilty in Missouri Box Cutter Attack
- Effort to Free Jeff Mizanskey from Life Sentence for Marijuana Takes Big Step
- Pekin Man Gets 4 Years in Drugged Child Case