Owner of In-Home Health Care Provider Pleads Guilty in Fraud Case
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Prosecutors say the owner of a St. Louis County-based home care provider had no health care training, education or experience.
Tina Kuehl, 45, operated Better Way Home Care and eventually submitted hundreds of fraudulent forms to Medicare for services that were never performed.
She entered guilty pleas to numerous charges during an appearance in federal court Wednesday.
Kuehl was also convicted of bank fraud in a separate case involving repayment of a bank loan.
She faces up to 55 years behind bars and millions of dollars in fines when she’s sentenced in July.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Teen Certified as Adult for Trial in St. Louis Hammer Death
- UPDATED: Tyrone Shooter Believed to be Cousin of Some Victims
- Police Looking for Stolen Car Involved in Half-Dozen Chases
- Anti-Defamation League Sounds Warning About White Supremacists in Mo. Prisons
- Two Charged in Multiple Bank Robberies
- More Than 400 Pounds of Marijuana Chocolate Seized