ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Prosecutors say the owner of a St. Louis County-based home care provider had no health care training, education or experience.
Tina Kuehl, 45, operated Better Way Home Care and eventually submitted hundreds of fraudulent forms to Medicare for services that were never performed.
She entered guilty pleas to numerous charges during an appearance in federal court Wednesday.
Kuehl was also convicted of bank fraud in a separate case involving repayment of a bank loan.
She faces up to 55 years behind bars and millions of dollars in fines when she’s sentenced in July.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- $11M in Heroin Found in Big Rig Pulled Over for Speeding
- Ex-Chiefs RB Joe McKnight Fatally Shot, Suspect in Custody
- Racist, Homophobic Fliers Left Outside Webster University Dorm Room
- East St. Louis Township Official Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud
- Granite City Man Charged for Murder of Teenage Boy
- Man Sentenced For Sex Crime With Girl He Met Online