ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Prosecutors say the owner of a St. Louis County-based home care provider had no health care training, education or experience.
Tina Kuehl, 45, operated Better Way Home Care and eventually submitted hundreds of fraudulent forms to Medicare for services that were never performed.
She entered guilty pleas to numerous charges during an appearance in federal court Wednesday.
Kuehl was also convicted of bank fraud in a separate case involving repayment of a bank loan.
She faces up to 55 years behind bars and millions of dollars in fines when she’s sentenced in July.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Release Surveillance Photo of Subway Robbery Suspect
- 2 Police Officers Injured After Suspect Flees
- Ferguson-Florissant Schools Superintendent Arrested
- Carjacking Suspect Charged
- Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘There’s No Way In Hell That I’m Resigning’
- How The Secret Service Investigates Social Media Threats On The President