ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – A man suspected of making meth in his apartment set his room ablaze Sunday night.
Firefighters were called to the complex at 320 Jackson Street in the heart of downtown St. Charles and found that the suspect had barricaded himself inside his burning unit.
Eventually, the man in his 20s stumbled outside suffering from burns and smoke inhalation, and was taken into custody.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
The Red Cross was called in after the entire 8-unit complex was condemned due to smoke damage.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- FBI Searching for St. Louis Drug Trafficker, Couriers
- Judge Keeps Bond High for Accused Wife Killer
- Body Pulled from River was Woman Who Abandoned Baby in NY
- 5 Rifles Stolen From Jefferson County Pawn Shop
- 2-Year-Old St. Louis Boy Shot in Arm
- Controversy in Hanley Hills Over Convicted Felon Elected as Trustee