Meth Suspect Sets Apartment on Fire
ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) - A man suspected of making meth in his apartment set his room ablaze Sunday night.
Firefighters were called to the complex at 320 Jackson Street in the heart of downtown St. Charles and found that the suspect had barricaded himself inside his burning unit.
Eventually, the man in his 20s stumbled outside suffering from burns and smoke inhalation, and was taken into custody.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
The Red Cross was called in after the entire 8-unit complex was condemned due to smoke damage.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Juvenile Detained in Missouri Kidnapping Case
- Two Charged After Police Chase in Florissant
- Federal Trial Postponed in Illinois Needles-in-Meat Case
- Digging for History at Site of Burned-Out Boutique
- Dotson’s Plan for Highway Patrol Brings Mixed Reactions from City Hall
- Melee at St. Louis City Hall During Hearing on Police Oversight Board