ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – A man suspected of making meth in his apartment set his room ablaze Sunday night.
Firefighters were called to the complex at 320 Jackson Street in the heart of downtown St. Charles and found that the suspect had barricaded himself inside his burning unit.
Eventually, the man in his 20s stumbled outside suffering from burns and smoke inhalation, and was taken into custody.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
The Red Cross was called in after the entire 8-unit complex was condemned due to smoke damage.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- One Man Shot to Death in Moline Acres
- Man Guilty of Killing Wife With Drug-Laced Kool-Aid Mixture
- More Than 2 Dozen Break-Ins on 1 St. Louis County Street
- Fleeing Car Hits House in St. Louis
- VIDEO: Attempted Robbery in Costco Parking Lot
- Real-Life Superhero ‘Citizen Saint’ Patrols North St. Louis County Streets