Meth Suspect Sets Apartment on Fire
ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) - A man suspected of making meth in his apartment set his room ablaze Sunday night.
Firefighters were called to the complex at 320 Jackson Street in the heart of downtown St. Charles and found that the suspect had barricaded himself inside his burning unit.
Eventually, the man in his 20s stumbled outside suffering from burns and smoke inhalation, and was taken into custody.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
The Red Cross was called in after the entire 8-unit complex was condemned due to smoke damage.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man Charged in Dec. 15th Shooting Death
- Off Duty Police Officer Shot
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- UPDATED: Teen Says She Escaped From Kidnapper in Jennings
- Sheriff: Sex Offender Failed to Register New Job as Santa Claus
- Man Charged in Illinois Gun Theft Tied to Ferguson