WASHINGTON (KMOX) – Supporters of Scott Air Force Base in the Metro East and Fort Leonard Wood in Central Missouri are closer to breathing a sigh of relief.
After 12 hours of debate, a defense spending bill that contains the decision to not convene a base realignment and closure commission in 2017 was passed and sent to the House floor.
Illinois congressman Bill Enyart says the bill also retains the Apache Helicopters for the Illinois National Guard and defeats the proposal to cut $10 million in funding from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), at Scott.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Which St. Louis Cardinal Would Make the Best POTUS?
- WATCH: Ken Bone Uses 15th Minute to Encourage Voting
- STL Native Cardinal Timothy Dolan Separates Bickering Presidential Candidates
- Blunt: “Of Course” I’ll Accept Election Results
- Trump Refuses To Say He Will Accept Election Results
- Poll: ‘Greitens May Have Found a Message That Sticks’