37 Kittens Dumped on Interstate—Some Just Days Old
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Thursday afternoon, a man came into the Humane Society with a plastic dog crate full of kittens he found along the interstate in Webster Groves.
The 37 kittens range in age from as young as four days old to six weeks old, so they were from multiple litters.
“Obviously, when they’re that young there’s great concern about their health and providing proper nutrition—these things the mother would ordinarily be providing at this point,” says Debbie Hill, V.P. of Operations for Humane Society of Missouri. “So, without the mother the kittens are quite vulnerable at this age.”
Hill says kittens need to be with their mother until they’re eight weeks old.
In addition to being young, some of the kittens are sick.
The Humane Society wants to get any information that could be helpful in finding the mothers of these kittens.
If you have any information, you can call their Animal Abuse Hotline 314-647-4400.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- U of I Recommends All Students Get Mumps Vaccine Before Fall
- Coffee With a Cop Set for Thursday in St. Louis
- Cabbie Helps Tourists Ripped Off in Forest Park
- Large Explosion Rocks Southeast Missouri Aluminum Plant
- Students Need Doctor’s Approval After a Concussion
- Two Columbia Officers Won’t Face Charges in Fatal Shooting