BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) – Three men suspected of burglarizing at least a half dozen southwestern Illinois homes that were under construction now face charges after authorities say a witness interrupted one of the break-ins.
St. Clair County prosecutors have filed felony theft charges against 54-year-old Darrell Roberson, 47-year-old Frederick Williams and 21-year-old Jamal Williams. All of the men are from Centreville.
They were arrested April 21. Investigators say items recovered as part of the investigation may link the trio to other St. Clair County break-ins reported at least since last October.
Online court records don’t show whether the three have attorneys. They do not have listed telephone numbers and could not be reached Thursday.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- New Video Expected to Be Released in Stockley Trial
- Gun-Storage Truck Coming to Busch After All-Star Break
- Downtown Explosion Evacuates 3 Buildings, No Injuries
- Help Police Track Down CWE Robbery Suspect
- Missouri Supreme Court Reverses Officer’s $7.5 Million Award
- Man Dead, Woman Injured Near West End; Shooter at Large