Former Judge to Report to Prison Wednesday
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – Former St. Clair County Circuit Court judge Michael Cook will report to federal prison tomorrow to begin serving his two-year sentence.
The U.S. Attorney’s office tells KMOX that rules do not allow them to release the exact destination within the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to drug and weapons charges.
U.S. District Judge Joe Billy McDade sentenced Cook to two years in prison after rejecting an earlier plea deal for a lesser amount of time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Castle Point Man Charged In South St. Louis Murder
- Neighbors Question 11-Year-Old’s Motive in Fatal Shooting
- Jennings Mayor to Pine Lawn: Do Your Research About County Police
- Bandits caught on Surveillance Video
- Police: 11-Year-Old Boy Shoots, Kills Intruder
- Black Panthers Sentenced For Ferguson Bomb Plot