BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – Former St. Clair County Circuit Court judge Michael Cook will report to federal prison tomorrow to begin serving his two-year sentence.
The U.S. Attorney’s office tells KMOX that rules do not allow them to release the exact destination within the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to drug and weapons charges.
U.S. District Judge Joe Billy McDade sentenced Cook to two years in prison after rejecting an earlier plea deal for a lesser amount of time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Reports: Human Remains Found in Kinloch Identified as Monica Sykes
- Man Accused of Threatening Jewish Centers Appears in Court
- Metro-East Home Recently Targeted in Drive-By Catches Fire
- Man Shot By Security Guard in Ferguson
- Crime Update: Several Shootings in 24 Hours
- Woman Shot Outside Ladue Schnucks; Man Sought by Police Found Dead