Former Judge to Report to Prison Wednesday
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – Former St. Clair County Circuit Court judge Michael Cook will report to federal prison tomorrow to begin serving his two-year sentence.
The U.S. Attorney’s office tells KMOX that rules do not allow them to release the exact destination within the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. The 44-year-old pleaded guilty to drug and weapons charges.
U.S. District Judge Joe Billy McDade sentenced Cook to two years in prison after rejecting an earlier plea deal for a lesser amount of time.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Sedalia Woman Who Escaped being Held Captive in Box, 17-year-old Son, Found Murdered in Clinton
- Dotson Weighs in on Tuesday Protest, Obama decision
- Man Dies In Accident After Speeding Through Old Town Florissant
- Eight Charged in Madison County Burglaries
- Concerns of Crime About Downtown Halfway House
- 8-Year-Old Stabbed During Argument Over Video Game