ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The clock is ticking down to the St. Louis County Executive primary in August, and still no debates have been scheduled.
Candidate Steve Stenger says it’s not for lack of trying.
“I have repeatedly asked the County Executive to debate me in every forum possible,” Stenger says. “To date, he has refused all of my debate requests.”
He says that his understanding is that Dooley has also refused requests for debate from institutions all over St. Louis County, including University of Missouri-St. Louis and League of Women Voters.
The Dooley campaign says he will not debate Stenger until he released tax returns from 2004 through 2007.
Stenger refuses because he says his ex-wife’s personal information is on those documents.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Advocates Seek Better Awareness of Safe Haven Baby Laws
- UPDATE: House GOP Abruptly Pulls Troubled Health Care Bill
- Airport Privatization Could Lead to Better Customer Experience
- Ill. at Lowest Unemployment Rate Since 2007
- Missouri Politicians Voice Opinions on Healthcare Reform
- Senate Votes to Limit Internet Privacy