UPDATE: Man’s Death on Bicycle Trail Likely ‘Hit and Run’
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) - Granite City Police say a man’s death along a bicycle trail is likely a “hit-and-run” case.
Detectives say the body of 35-year-old Jack Hoppe of the 2500 block of State Street was found around 6 a.m. Friday near Terminal Avenue.
They think he was struck sometime after 9:40 p.m Thursday.
Granite City Police wish to speak to anyone who might’ve seen the incident. (618-877-6111)
Earlier this morning, police said the Madison County coroner’s office would perform an autopsy.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Teen Certified as Adult for Trial in St. Louis Hammer Death
- UPDATED: Tyrone Shooter Believed to be Cousin of Some Victims
- Police Looking for Stolen Car Involved in Half-Dozen Chases
- Anti-Defamation League Sounds Warning About White Supremacists in Mo. Prisons
- Two Charged in Multiple Bank Robberies
- More Than 400 Pounds of Marijuana Chocolate Seized