GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – Granite City Police say a man’s death along a bicycle trail is likely a “hit-and-run” case.
Detectives say the body of 35-year-old Jack Hoppe of the 2500 block of State Street was found around 6 a.m. Friday near Terminal Avenue.
They think he was struck sometime after 9:40 p.m Thursday.
Granite City Police wish to speak to anyone who might’ve seen the incident. (618-877-6111)
Earlier this morning, police said the Madison County coroner’s office would perform an autopsy.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Look for Driver in Deadly Hit and Run
- Two People are Killed in Separate Shootings in St.Louis
- Three Injured in Drive-By Shooting in Ferguson
- Family Wants Response to an Officer-Involved Shooting Last Summer
- Man Involved in Carondelet Park Shootout Faces Multiple Charges
- Vigil For Woman Fatally Struck By Hit & Run Driver In 2012