UPDATE: Man’s Death on Bicycle Trail Likely ‘Hit and Run’
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) - Granite City Police say a man’s death along a bicycle trail is likely a “hit-and-run” case.
Detectives say the body of 35-year-old Jack Hoppe of the 2500 block of State Street was found around 6 a.m. Friday near Terminal Avenue.
They think he was struck sometime after 9:40 p.m Thursday.
Granite City Police wish to speak to anyone who might’ve seen the incident. (618-877-6111)
Earlier this morning, police said the Madison County coroner’s office would perform an autopsy.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Three St. Louis Men Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder-for-Hire
- Teen Killed in Northwest St. Louis Among Group Chased, Shot At
- Sharpton and Group on ‘High Alert’ for Michael Brown Grand Jury Decision
- UPDATED: Protestors Return to the Streets of Ferguson
- Police: Woman Sexually Assaulted, Set on Fire in Park
- Records Reveal Divide on Ferguson Police Tactics