UPDATE: Man’s Death on Bicycle Trail Likely ‘Hit and Run’
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – Granite City Police say a man’s death along a bicycle trail is likely a “hit-and-run” case.
Detectives say the body of 35-year-old Jack Hoppe of the 2500 block of State Street was found around 6 a.m. Friday near Terminal Avenue.
They think he was struck sometime after 9:40 p.m Thursday.
Granite City Police wish to speak to anyone who might’ve seen the incident. (618-877-6111)
Earlier this morning, police said the Madison County coroner’s office would perform an autopsy.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Glendale Man Charged for Shooting in Kirkwood
- Police Arrest Suspect in Attempted Carjacking, Robbery
- St. Louis Man Missing for Two Weeks
- Police: Man Shoots Daughter, 7, in Hand in Kansas City
- Child Homicides Taking Toll in Kansas City Metropolitan Area
- Police: Officer Shortage in County Due to Lack of Quality Applicants