UPDATE: Man’s Death on Bicycle Trail Likely ‘Hit and Run’
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – Granite City Police say a man’s death along a bicycle trail is likely a “hit-and-run” case.
Detectives say the body of 35-year-old Jack Hoppe of the 2500 block of State Street was found around 6 a.m. Friday near Terminal Avenue.
They think he was struck sometime after 9:40 p.m Thursday.
Granite City Police wish to speak to anyone who might’ve seen the incident. (618-877-6111)
Earlier this morning, police said the Madison County coroner’s office would perform an autopsy.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Fairview Heights Police Provide Area for ‘Safe Exchange’
- Report Suggests Major Changes in Policing Tactics
- Mo. Lawmakers Disagree on Murder Sentences for Minors
- Two Pair of Women Both Shot and Killed Days Apart in North St. Louis
- Missouri OKs Ending Life Sentences for Minors
- Voters Could Decide on Tax Raise for More St. Louis Police