ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A flat tire on a motorcycle caused a fatal accident this morning in St Francois County.
The Missouri Highway Patrol says the crash occurred around 10 this morning on Highway 67 north of Shannon Road.
The 1988 Harley Davidson sustained a rear flat tire that caused the driver, 38-year-old Steven Nash of Farmington, to lose control. The cycle went off the roadway and struck a median support post.
Killed in the accident was a passenger, 33-year-old Angela Young of Farmington. Nash was transported to an area hospital and is listed in serious condition.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Family, Fans Mourn for Dominican Pitcher Yordano Ventura
- Missouri Bill Requires Missing Firearms to Be Reported
- Parkway 3rd-Grader, Cancer Survivor Named Ace Hardware All-Star
- Parts of Scott Air Force Base Evacuated in Response to Bomb Threat
- Cloudy Water Alert Issued for St. Louis, St. Charles Counties
- Pamela Hupp Arraignment Pushed Back to Jan. 30